Saturday 16 May 2009

HAVE HEART, HAVE INSPIRATION pt. 1

I seriously fucking love this band and i'm devastated they're breaking up :[
the lyrics are so intense in their optimism.
makes me want to give up drinking and go out and do something my life.
which is good haha
as I need that boost as i'm an intrinsically lazy person so it's a constant battle with myself to make the most!

GET INSPIRED

1) Life Is Hard Enough



Ambitions fall, complications hail
All my insecurities all fucking prevail
Do I turn to a drink or into what I want to be?
Is a substance gonna be the crutch thats going to set me fucking free?
The pressure rises and I feel the strain
The doubt begins and confusions reign
Directionless, where do I turn?
Don't fail me now, the one thing that I've learned

I've learned the strength to fucking push it aside

We know, we know, I got the strength inside
You know I got it and I know it so I'll show it
To live with pain
the choice is in my hands
That's just an anchor that'll you man
We know, we know, you got the strength inside to defeat the problems of our lives without the crutch cause we all know that life is hard enough as it is

2) Watch Me Sink



A breaking in spirit, a breaking in promise, a breaking in me
How can I find the peace inside me of a world I can see
Taking and taking all for ourselves, taking and taking
And it's dragging me down, deeper and deeper
Watch me sink like a stone into a sea of selfishness
Where me is more and you is less

The vanity, it's insanity
We eat the shit that's fed to us
We stomach it and we embellish it and we confuse our love with lust
Can't we find another way?
The way that goes against the grain
Abstain
The grain

The ugliness, the licentiousness, the love that's just skin deep
Please get me out before I become just a memory of what I used to be
Get me the fuck out

We're deaf and blind to our age's cry
We refuse to fucking hear
Not learning to grow, just losing the one I used to see in the fucking mirror
Can't we find another way?
The way that goes against the grain
Abstain
The grain

The egoists, the narcissists, the waters we wade in
Please get me out before I become just a memory of what I used to be
Get me the fuck out

"of a world that's doing its best, nightand day, to make you (me) everybody else" - E. E. Cummings

Please take me out of a world without any heart
Take me out
When they see my hope and then they rip it apart
Take me out of a world we built to serve our selfish fucking selves
Can you tell me where does love fit in?
Remember what love is

3) Armed With A Mind



Caked up and faked up, she's obsessed with the outside
Nothing earned, too afraid to fail, so she lead a hollow life void of insight
Loving what you see but hating what you think because between your mind and your body, t here's a missing fucking link that leaves you vulnerable, susceptible to pain
You're a garden of potential submerged in the rain

True beauty can't be seen with the eyes

Armed, armed with a mind
I'm going to strengthen my action with thought
Make use of the gift that I got and walk fearless because I'm armed with a mind
A weak offense when you step to this
Mind over matter is power over fists
I walk fearless because I'm armed with a mind

I walk fearless with a mind far greater than a fucking fist

Spineless and mindless, you felx your muscles and not your fucking head
A deep man with a strong point made without one thoughtful word said
Huff and puff, the fierce fists will do the talking, can't speak for yourself so your crew's with you walking
Tell me what's worth fighting for and it better be something greater than an evening of the score

Boy, you're true strength sleeps behind your eyes

It's the absent minded fool who's afraid to think, to extend an open hand, to dare to earn a thing
It's the gift inside your head not to take for granted because an unexaminded life is a seed unplanted
As the animals, they can't reason but as humans we can, so are you just a wild animal or a rational man?
Our bodies take you nowhere, might does not make right
There's a gift inside your head called your mind

5) The Unbreakable



He was a kind hearted man in a hateful world and he caught everything that life ever hurled
Like the oldest mountain he always stood so tall
Forever showing what it means to be unbreakable

Paycheck to paycheck, three jobs a day
He's the ransom for his family's pain
In the coldest world with the warmest heart, he puts to shame what you consider hard
He's the man you don't see in the mirror
While the world was screaming death he chose a different song to hear
He's the band that's playing while the ship sinks
The song of hope he forever sings
He taught the sun to shine

Now please teach this son to shine

How can this world never break your warm heart in this frigid fucking place?
You're like the river: always flowing and growing never changing, rearranging
How can this world never take your solid stance in these turbulent times?
You're like the tree in the burning forest that never was burned down
And what he said to me was this:

"Just love the world that won't love you back"

Old man take a look at my life, I'm nothing like you are
Take a look at my life, I'm so very fucking far
From the person I aspire to be
Unbreakable

7) Song Of Shame



Let me tell you a story about a backfired rocketship
Some trees just can't bloom if the seed of potential never splits
Some trees just can't bloom
They never will

Born to a life of a briught future with every chance to excel
Instead he took this fucking chances with the cheapest goddamn thrills
He'd do anything, he'd take anything for a moment's satisfaction
Sweet seconds of pleasure could never measure to a lifetime of addiction

In the dark night, he tries to remember a future once so bright
"It won't happen to me, it won't happen to me, it won't happen to me"
Thats what they always fucking say

The man who thinks he's above misery, hurt and harm and pain is the man who lives his life tightly bound as a slave in chains of a neverending abyss, of an artificial bliss

And he lives just like a slave for giving his life away for nothing

10) The Machinist



I've seen the free which you enslave
The walking which you keep chained
I've seen the growth which you keep caged and I've seen the minds that go un-raged
I've seen the body robbed of soul, just to fuel your control
I've seen the standing knocked to their knees, and I see the human beings you treat like machines

Machinist
I am not, I am not, I am not machine
Machinist
I am, I am, I am human being

A stagnant life's a victory for the lover of life that never breeds
Perpetuate, obliterate those addicted to living on their knees
The dealers deplete you, the dealers beat you like a drum without a tone
You're just skin and bones until you say no more
Unlike the silent machines who won't settle the score
Unlike the lifeless objects they want you to be

You want your object, well you fucking got it

I could be the knife in your back
The noose around your neck
I could be the bullet racing through your skull but I'd rather be the force of my spoken word

Let your voices form the weapons

No silence
No compliance
No compliance
In defiance of the rape of growth

11) Watch Me Rise



"Goddamn" he said, "I promised myself I'd never feel this fucking way again
This world has got me praying on my knees for one peaceful thought in my mind, my stride, my life
My time is consumed with a thousand thoughts
Flying free like a flock of birds with no direction or intention of finding home

It's so hard to think
It's so hard to live
When this world doesn't see you any other way

In this world, they choose to see me, they choose to see me like a setting sun
So it's up to me, I have to see me like a rising one

In my days somebody told me that the rain would always come, always come to wash away the pain
But nothing changes and this world still wants me down
Wants me on my knees praying in that rain
Born this way, die this way"

I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees

I'd rather die on my feet so you can watch me
Watch me rise with the things we carry: the loss, the scars, the weight of hevay hearts, the things we carry

So I say to the slaves of depression: carry on and sing the sweet redeeming song about living this life free and long
Watche me rise for Miles and miles.



Weirdly, in reply to my post on my drug fuelled night the other day I have now come to resent everything that happened that night
I have been COMPLETELY turned against drinking & drugs, I don't know for how long but it's very strange. They used to something I could enjoy and have a good time with but I fucking hate everything about them, the drink-till-you-drop mentality, the lack of inhibitions (because i always make an ass of myself), the lack of mental cohesion and the waking up post-drug guilt you get as you try to remember what the fuck happened.
Nothing I enjoy about it at all anymore.
BUT saying that, I do tend to get caught up in the romanticism of things a lot so this could just be a phase, i sincerely hope it's not but it does happen with me as my music taste changes every bloody month. One day I have the conviction to never drink again the next I'm lying in a gutter somewhere laughing.
To me though alcohol stops me from becoming the person I want to be as there's a safe knowledge in going out every weekend doing the same routine, if you truly want to be something you have to get rid of crutches so there is no excuse for not achieving and that is what I want to do.

x

1 comments:

Josh Turner said...

Brilliant post, very well put. Will you be going to see them in Leeds on their last tour? That gig will fucking ignite