Monday 28 June 2010

Kerouac



“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Jack Kerouac
My absolute idol (aside from the whole alcoholism...)


'On The Road'
from which I think (if memory serves me correct) this quote is taken from
serves as an absolute epoch of 50's beat literature
and should be compulsory reading for everyone.

I'm excited for my future
friends,
i think it's about time we became something.
It's about time that passion manifested itself in something external.




.
MMX

0 comments: