Thursday 10 June 2010

"he never wrote a song for you. every word i wrote for you"





WE NEED TO FEEL LIKE THE WORDS ARE REAL



I sang along to every single word of every single song when I saw Killing The Dream 2 years ago
All because of the Girl i'd attached to their songs
And after the last note of the last song
I ran into the Toilet and violently threw up all the water i'd drunk throughout their set to keep me alive
After that I ran back out and hugged the singer Eli whilst telling him in all too-exasperated speech how long i'd been waiting to see them.



In those moments I rid myself of her and I can honestly say a paragraph of my life came to a close.
The same thing happened with Blacklisted later that year in Hull.


I barely listen to Killing The Dream or Blacklisted these days
I found my closure and my release
my meanings were justified.



p.s
this photo still renders me speechless



.
MMX

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too many posts on rock and roll, not enough on art, philosophy, and life.