Wednesday 30 December 2009

Burdens.



Burdens are a Band you should listen to.

FFO:
Integrity, Converge, Rise & Fall, Throats, Hordes, Don't Trip.
and other bands of that evil-ilk.

There's some serious fucking talent here, the 2008 Demo is astounding, the songs contain fast, fierce memorable riffs (the opening track = phwwooarrr) and / or plodding-progression (second track) with some very nice melodies thrown in which helps the overall atmosphere of the songs fantastically (1rst, 6th & 7th Tracks).
Lyrics deal with the pointlessness, emptiness & hypocrisy in todays modern existence delivered through the medium of snarling vocals.
"I AM RUIN, I AM GREED, I AM CHAOS, I AM DISEASE, I AM DOOM, I AM ROT, I AM RAGE, I AM GOD" - Wolf of Want


Jesus Skin is the highlight of the Demo, it displays dexterous talent and a strong ability to traverse outside of normal boundries, i'll leave it up to you to listen but if you're a fan of 'In Her Shadow' by Converge / any other weird eerie experimental type metal songs then you'll love it.
The harsh vocals do particularily well in juxaposing and grounding the song whilst the guitar and singing lead it off with their haunting melodies.


http://www.myspace.com/burdenspa

LINK TO THE FREE 2008 DEMO WHICH I SUGGEST YOU GET.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/une9f8

their up and coming split release with Cut Short is out in January on Get It Right Records.
I am very much looking forward to it, so should you be.

I realise I only ever seem to post Holy Terror style HC, I will post some different stuff soon haha.

0 comments: