Monday 25 May 2009

The Tenacity Of Youth.



The tenacity of youth, the desperate nervous urge to live & the endless will to try.
To seek, to create, to atleast attempt to change the world in someway shape or form because deep down every single one of us has the same fear of not being remembered when it all gets dark. You see it in the Adults eyes, that confused look questioning the lost excitement in their lives because they have all settled into a routines none of them are really happy with.
We all long to be back in the womb, to be back with our Mothers & Fathers with that resting hand on our shoulder. Because when we do eventually grow up we find only the longest working hours for the lowest wages in front of us like some looming statue to mis-understood attempts at what we should really strive for, then we get scared and this is the fear you see in their ever-aging eyes. Never Fade

Last night I went out with my friends and got back into my never-ending passion for graffiti, It feel so good to be back out on the streets again! it gives me a greater buzz than any alcohol or drug could hope to muster up in the stupid romanticism of my heart. If I was ever to become edge then this would take the place of alcohol / drugs.
I have no time for shitty tags and badly done marker pen mock-ups, only that which has meaning. I love the feeling of putting your message out onto the world and saying "FOR FUCKS SAKE LISTEN, THIS WORLD HAS GONE TO SHIT AND NO-ONE SEEMS TO CARE AND I FOR ONE WILL NOT STAND BY AND WATCH ANYMORE" it's brilliant. I love the way graffiti can take a normal place and inject something interesting onto an otherwise mundane object, I think it's because underneath all the years of the Hardcore Punk / Metal scene i've thrown myself into my first love has been skateboarding and will always continue to be. Being a skateboarder means you see objects as opportunities not barriers and I feel the same about looking at a slanted wall in a city centre as I do a mini-ramp in a skatepark.

The world is filled with these opportunities, you just have to take them.

So in the words of Frank Turner
"Maturity's a wrapped-up package deal or so it seems. Ditching teenage fantasy means ditching all your dreams. All your friends and peers and family solemnly tell you you will have to grow up. Be and adult. Be bored and unfulfilled. But no one's yet explained to me exactly what's so great about slaving 50 years away on something that you hate. About meekly shuffling down the path of mediocrity. Well if that's your road then take it but it's not the road for me."

here's the video
FRANK TURNER - PHOTOSYNTHESIS



x

0 comments: